• The patient should be in good health condition except for androgenic alopecia.
• The hair loss should be in a particular location and not diffused all over the scalp
• The transplant may increase the density of the hair, but it will not take you back in time to when you had a head full of hair
• The transplanted hair will fall off after the surgery and full recovery and regrowth may take 8-12 months.
After the surgery, the doctors at our centre– one of the best hair transplant clinic in Tricity – will cover the surgical site with bandages, which will be removed within 1-2 days. You can return to work within a week if you are undergoing FUE. But, do not undertake strenuous physical activities unless your doctor gives you a go ahead to do so.
Hair transplant surgery involves taking hair follicles from an area of your scalp where the density is high; and grafting it onto another area where the growth is minimal or there is a bald patch.
The techniques used to do this are majorly of two types
• Follicular Unit Strip Surgery (FUSS)/ Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT)
• Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
These techniques differ in the way the hair follicles are extracted for the transplant. In FUT, the doctors remove a 6-10 inch strip of scalp tissue from a high growth area under the effect of local anaesthesia. The individual follicles are then separated from this strip. On the other hand, in FUE, each follicle is individually extracted again under the influence of local anaesthesia.
Once the doctors have extracted individual follicles, these are transplanted to the bald area and grafted by making tiny punches in the region.This is a fairly extensive surgery and can take anywhere between 4-6 hours.